Wednesday, August 22, 2007

A Clearer View

I'm in Denver this week mixing business with pleasure. It's always a pretty place to visit and I enjoy the change in weather. I'm blessed in that my In-laws live here and I'm staying with them for a few days. I think it's the first time I've been here without my husband and kids and I like having them all to myself. My favorite time in their home is early morning where we sit at the breakfast table, reading the newspaper and talking about whatever topic comes to mind. It's such a great way to start the day and I have many fond memories of conversations at their table.

My brother-in-law invited me to go for a hike on Monday. I do a lot of walking so I jumped at the opportunity to get a little exercise while here. Well! Little did I know the effects of altitude and climbing an incline. I know I gave him cause for laughter more than once but I persevered and we finished the entire hike even though according to Steve it took a lot longer than when he does it by himself. Surely it must have been all the times we stopped to discuss the surroundings versus allowing me to catch my breath. Right?

Seeing the Rockies from a distance is always a beautiful view. However, the view while standing on a mountain itself is another site to behold. Any sweat and shortness of breath was worth it. I've learned through the years that sometimes when faced with a difficult situation it's helpful to look at it from another angle. Another point of view. Or a different altitude if you will.

Here's to discovering new and beautiful views in life!


Audrey

No comments: